We’re pleased to offer a valuable, 7-page document on nonprofit outcome metrics.
Click here to access ‘Outcome Metrics: Measuring What Matters in the Nonprofit World’
The topics covered include:
- The Age of Transparency and Accountability
- What are Outcome Metrics?
- Why Outcome Metrics Matter?
- Who’s Monitoring Nonprofit Performance?
- Linking Metrics to the Mission
- The Best Path to Success: A Balanced Approach
- Set Up Your Plan
- The Right Financial Software System Matters
- Conclusion: Making a Difference
Click here to get your complimentary copy
Outcome metrics deliver value only if they are tightly aligned to your core values and mission (otherwise, they are only a resource-draining distraction). So it’s best to start with a simple template that defines what matters – your organization’s short- and long-term objectives – and the impact measures that effectively map to them.
Set goals and strategies that help to ensure your activity measures support the overarching mission. These might include progress toward goals, and program implementation; e.g. projects launched and sites protected.
Finally, drill down to define the supporting tactics and activities. These might be measures of memberships, funding, or growth in fundraising.
However you establish and define your outcome metrics, keep it simple – and never lose focus of what truly matters to your organization.
We will be focusing each Module of the Month on a particular software module or application that helps our clients.
We are going to focus this article on the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable Module. We focused on tips and tricks during the MIP User Group portion of the August 30, 2017 FTM Nonprofit Forum – you can watch the recording here.
Our module refresher will include the following topics:
- Accounts Payable Query for Vendor Balances and Activity
- Changing AP Invoices after posting and check production
Voiding a Check
- When to use Accounts Payable Invoices versus Cash Disbursements
Setting up un-posted and posted transaction reports for Accounts Payable Invoices
- Using the AP reports to include Accounts Payable Aging and Vendor Activity
- Assigning Manual Checks and bank payments to Invoices
Best Practices to enter in credit card charges
Setting up an after the fact Accounts Receivable Invoice
Let us help you to maximize your use of the MIP Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable Modules. Our firm and staff use MIP Fund Accounting on a daily basis so let us help you maximize the use of this powerful application.
Every month, we offer an online presentation of best practices for finance directors, and executive directors of nonprofit organizations.
Be sure and check out the calendar for upcoming events.
Welcome to Web.com WordPress Hosting. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start blogging!